Swansea Metropolis welcome Sunderland to the Liberty Stadium in an enormous conflict within the Championship play-off race.
Victory may see Swansea go fifth if Burnley lose elsewhere, whereas Sunderland can leapfrog the Swans into fifth if Burnley and Blackburn each fail to win elsewhere.
Embed from Getty Photos
Joe Allen may return for Swansea if he’s declared match-fit following his restoration from a hamstring harm, though supervisor – Russell Martin gained’t danger the midfielder till protected to take action.
Jamie Paterson (groin) and Liam Cullen (shoulder) each stay absent.
Sunderland may welcome Dennis Cirkin again from a hamstring harm after he wasn’t risked of their midweek goalless draw at residence to Blackpool.
Jewison Bennette (health) may additionally characteristic however Ross Stewart (thigh) and Ellis Simms (foot) stay absent.
- Swansea have misplaced simply one in every of their final ten league conferences in opposition to Sunderland (W4, D5, L1).
- Sunderland are unbeaten of their final 5 league visits to Swansea (W3, D2), albeit again when the Swans had been referred to as ‘Swansea City’ reasonably than Swansea Metropolis as now named.
- Seven of eight conferences between Swansea and Sunderland in Wales in all competitions have seen each groups rating – aside from a 5-0 residence win for Swansea in September 1958 in Outdated Second Division.
- Swansea wish to win 4 consecutive league matches for the primary time since August 2019, in a marketing campaign the place they missed out on promotion through play-offs.
- A draw right here would see Sunderland file 4 consecutive attracts in a league marketing campaign for the primary time since March – April 2016, after they had been within the Premier League in 2015-16 season.
Having hit a inexperienced patch of type in current video games, Swansea actually can come right here filled with confidence but they did look defensively sluggish throughout first-half at Watford in midweek, though they mustered a brilliantly scientific comeback to win so undoubtedly can’t be underestimated.
Sunderland in the meantime have carried out nicely to dig their option to two consecutive goalless attracts with out Stewart and Simms main their assault, though they may have to be extra scientific than they had been in a wasteful midweek draw in opposition to Blackpool.
Swansea although will likely be a troublesome check for Tony Mowbray’s Black Cats however Mowbray has the expertise to arrange his squad to negate Swansea’s attacking high quality, though silencing Olivier Ntcham will likely be essential given his present type however a draw certainly could be an enormous outcome for the guests.
Prediction: Swansea 1-1 Sunderland